Reference device

Started by
5 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 10 months ago
hello all, My card is not playing D3D applications(includeing samples comes with DirectX SDK) which have "Reference device" for rendering insted of "HAL device". error comes that "you have a limited reference device to run program install DirectX SDK". but i have already installed the SDK. dose anyone know about this problem or facing like that one.
Advertisement
What video card are you running on?

ace
it is GForce Mx 440. actually i updated my computer to p4 and recover my windows insted of reinstalling it, because i have only updeted motherbord and processor and after recovering windows the problem started. before that i was useing p3 and it was working fine.
What happens when you try and run as HAL device?

ace
it runs fine .
So the problem is that it doesn't like running as REF. Well to be honest, unless it is hindering your progress or something, don't worry about it.

ace
Sounds to me like you might have a mismatch in your installation somewhere... If you've "recovered windows" it could be possible that it's messed up your actual runtimes somehow...

Try seeing what DXDIAG tells you (start menu -> Run -> "dxdiag")

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement