*Version with FPS and debug infos* Deferred shading GLSL.

Started by
36 comments, last by b34r 18 years, 10 months ago
Cool, it runs pretty well on my GF6600GT, althogh the aliasing is quite UGLY.

And, how you guys find the fps? I can't find anything that can turn on the perf info stuff~~~
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by wanzi

And, how you guys find the fps? I can't find anything that can turn on the perf info stuff~~~

Mmmh... should be there right from the start using the latest version. The fps is in the top left corner of the screen. Q toggle some debug infos (light volumes and attribute textures display). Are you having unusual aliasing issues or is it only the lack of anti-aliasing that you find ugly? I agree that no standard AA is a big drawback of the method.
Praise the alternative.
Yup, just normal aliasing, but due to the geometric characteristic of ur scene(i.e. some objects are quite small), it makes them somewhat sparkling when camera moves
I think i'm using the latest version(that one i can use keyboard to add some fancy lights), but no fps info.
Ok well, yes as was suggested earlier in the thread I will certainly implement an AA rescue hack [smile] but it won't help speed for sure. As for the informations missing I'm really puzzled, if you have any text on screen you should have the display update frequency in hertz (hz) in the corner of the screen, if you have no text at all there's something seriously wrong and I'll have to wait until I can reproduce that on a machine I can develop on. Thanks for testing anyway ;)
Praise the alternative.
Quote:Original post by b34r
Quote:Original post by wanzi

Mmmh... should be there right from the start using the latest version. The fps is in the top left corner of the screen. Q toggle some debug infos (light volumes and attribute textures display). Are you having unusual aliasing issues or is it only the lack of anti-aliasing that you find ugly? I agree that no standard AA is a big drawback of the method.

I dont get a fps counter too, (i thought it was just me), got the lastest verision.

WinXP, 1.6ghz centrino, 9700np 128mb, 512mb, etc... maybe its ur font you hacked in :).
Quote:
Not to mention that AA does not work with deferred shading.

Hey, if I force the AA on in the cards properties, it works - the polygon edges become a lot smoother, while the demo runs a lot slower.

Anyway, I get about 20 +- 5 fps (that's the feeling I get, I don't see any fps counter), on a Radeon 9600Pro, AthlonXP 2500+ @ 2090MHz, 512MB ram and a lot of processes on. I have to add about 10 lights to the scene before I get a noticeable slowdown.

Anyway, good work. It would be nice however to have a light and a fps counter on screen.

[OpenTK: C# OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenAL 1.1. Now with Linux/KMS support!]

Tried again with anisotropic 16x and anti-aliasing 4x (card properties).
Got same FPS (150 lights : 37 FPS) Very good result! Image quality improved a lot.
Thanks everybody.

I need to check the AA thing because setting it from the code was giving bad artefacts last time I checked. Not huge ones but some edges were incorrectly antialiased. Maybe nVidia drivers fixed that problem.

About the general aliasing problem, I'm not using any mipmapping yet so that must not help :).

And the FPS counter thing is yeah... strange, in fact I'm using the OpenGL FAQ example for drawing a fullscreen quad. The really strange thing being that if the '2d' primitive code wasn't working you would not have things like fog or the base scene linear light (everything requiring a fullscreen pass), the one hitting the front of the boat with a yellowish/orange color... and maybe you don't? |8

Okay, I'll try to post an update with alternative 2d code very soon.
Thanks again!
Praise the alternative.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement