*Version with FPS and debug infos* Deferred shading GLSL.

Started by
36 comments, last by b34r 18 years, 10 months ago
Grab it here... It seems to be working for most people now so this is just an update for the curious ones. There's about 30000 polygons, a fairly larger number of triangles. Only two texture level at max used in this scene but as I'll find some more time to work on the renderer I'll post a more impressive use of the method. There's no key press delay so it might get on your nerve easily :). Thanks a lot. [Edited by - b34r on June 9, 2005 7:12:40 AM]
Praise the alternative.
Advertisement
GL version doesn't work for me (black screen, yet eats about 60% CPU). Output:
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\DiscoPhysics>rb -glbfmk/naD by Emmanuel Julien (barr./niji).V.[2.1.5], internal version 2000~2005.http://barr.ninomojo.com/bfmknadStarting OpenGL2.0 renderer...Loading default shader library (profile GLDS:HighEnd;)...    Creating 'core::dsg'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::n'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::ds'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::dts'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::ambient'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::pointlight'...GL2:    Done.    Creating 'core::linearlight'...GL2:    Done.Done.Vendor: NVIDIA CorporationRenderer: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!Version: 1.5.1** Warning, failed to setup texture 'dsg_map'.** Warning, failed to setup texture 'n_map'.** Warning, failed to setup texture 'ds_map'.Importing geometry '$data_path$/box.lwo'.Removed 1 material(s) from geometry.Import complete, 8 vertice for 6 polygon(s), 1 material(s).Importing geometry '$data_path$/chair.lwo'.Removed 1 material(s) from geometry.Import complete, 64 vertice for 48 polygon(s), 1 material(s).Importing geometry '$data_path$/book.lwo'.Removed 1 material(s) from geometry.Import complete, 8 vertice for 6 polygon(s), 1 material(s).Importing geometry '$data_path$/lib.lwo'.Removed 1 material(s) from geometry.Import complete, 56 vertice for 42 polygon(s), 1 material(s).Importing geometry '$data_path$/crate.lwo'.Codec ('JPEG_Small') could read image datas.Removed 1 material(s) from geometry.Import complete, 8 vertice for 6 polygon(s), 1 material(s).Tau alloc = 1572864 byte(s) (8192).Using 'core::dts' for material 'crate', no perfect match.Converting geometry to triangle list...Done, in 0ms.Using 'core::dsg' for material 'book', no perfect match.Converting geometry to triangle list...Done, in 0ms.Using 'core::dsg' for material 'Lib', no perfect match.Converting geometry to triangle list...Done, in 0ms.Using 'core::dsg' for material 'Box', no perfect match.Converting geometry to triangle list...Done, in 0ms.

DX version works but looks ugly and can barely make anything out its so dark. I'm on a lousy FX5200 and I don't know when I last updated the drivers so that might not be helping.
Mmmh... it fails to create the attribute textures not sure why since they are 1024x1024 rgba32 and should be available on a FX5200 (I suppose?).

That's the problematic part...
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB8, t->GetWidth(), t->GetHeight(), 0, GL_BGRA_EXT, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

Anybody with more expertise able to spot the error?
Yes, DX is very dark as it does only select the 8 closest lights to an object for rendering.
Praise the alternative.
Works?
Yeah it works
Runs?
sometimes awful and okay
CPU/GPU
amd xp "barton" 2500+ / Radeon 9600 pro ultra
Glitches?
I don't suppose so

looks pretty good
Works fine for me. It's not slow and looks relatively good, although it's little dark (OpenGL version).
Is there any limit on number of objects (cubes, chairs) in scene? I've tried holding q and s until screen was half covered with chairs and cubes [smile]. Then it started slowing down.
My config: A64 3000+, 1 gb ram, Radeon 9600, WinXP.
Thanks for the feedbacks [smile].
Somehow I have the feeling it just doesn't work with nVidia boards... [headshake]

Quote:
Is there any limit on number of objects (cubes, chairs) in scene? I've tried holding q and s until screen was half covered with chairs and cubes . Then it started slowing down.

There only is a display limit, objects will still be added to the scene and everything will slowdown even more and the console will be filled with even more warnings.

As a side note: the crate's mass is 40kg and the chair is only 1kg so dropping lot of crates on one chair is not fair [rolleyes].
Praise the alternative.
System Info:
============
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)
Speed: 895 MHz
Memory: 1024 MB
Operating System: Windows XP
Videocard:
==========
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL Renderer: RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE
GL Version: 2.0.4955 WinXP Release

GL version worked okayish, but slow. I'd guess 2 fps or so. DX was too dark too see anything, but seemed a lot slower.
It runs pretty slow, 20-30 fps I guess, and when the physics is working hard it goes down to about 5 or so. No glitches.

When I drop some chairs I get alot of "Warning, OBB/OBB invalid configuration {8:4} or {4:8}"

You should have a fullscreen option. My GL apps usually goes alot faster in fullscreen, though in this case it's probably the physics that slows it down.

AMD 3500+
ATI X800XL 256 MB
1 GB RAM

EDIT: rick_appleton you must have Cool & Quiet on right? No way you have a system like that and only a 900 MHz AMD :)
Wow... 2 fps on a X800XT? That's baaaaad [smile]...
But I guess you were really CPU bound on a 800mhz system, did you try a smaller scene (d key)? The physics are the only reason I can see to the slowdown especially given your graphic card.
Praise the alternative.
Quote:Original post by MickePicke
It runs pretty slow, 20-30 fps I guess, and when the physics is working hard it goes down to about 5 or so. No glitches.

When I drop some chairs I get alot of "Warning, OBB/OBB invalid configuration {8:4} or {4:8}"

You should have a fullscreen option. My GL apps usually goes alot faster in fullscreen, though in this case it's probably the physics that slows it down.

AMD 3500+
ATI X800XL 256 MB
1 GB RAM

EDIT: rick_appleton you must have Cool & Quiet on right? No way you have a system like that and only a 900 MHz AMD :)

Good to know... It's strange that you don't get better results. I'm getting around 30fps on all scenes when the physics are sleeping (reported by ATI tray tools OSD) on a 9800XT with a P4@2.6 I wonder where is the bottleneck. If I get time tomorrow I'll try to write a profiler for the various passes. I wonder if it might be the glCopyTexImage2D that kills the X800 serie.

About fullscreen, I do have one but I usually don't force fullscreen when I ask people to try my apps... you never know if things go wrong [smile]. The OBB/OBB message is not important, just a reminder that I need to fix something in the contact determination.

Thanks
Praise the alternative.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement