Sign in to follow this  
cyph

Redistribution of Game Problems....

cyph    122
Hi, ive just finished a 2d program in DirectX, and find that it wont work on some computers... Reading other posts suggests that they dont have the correct Direct X files installed, however after downloading the latest DirectX and even running the redistribution files from the Microsoft site my program still hangs on a Black Screen, as if its trying to initialise something but it cant do it.... Here is the link to the re-dist files i've tried... Redist Files from Microsoft Any Ideas?? - What do i need to include along with my final release?? The game is at the following link... Clicky Thanks in advance... Jamie

Sam Gamgee    222
I don't work with DX much, however some things that came to mind:

- Did you create a release build?
- Perhaps you should implement a "debug log" into your program. Just have your program output a line of text describing what it's doing. Then when it crashes, look at the log and see where it left off. Then you know where the problem lies (or at least one of the problems...).

cyph    122
Yeah its a release build..... i'll put a load of debug logs in tonight I just thought someone might have a quick answer ;)