• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C# Express Edition problems

This topic is 4735 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta compiler to try and learn C#. Even thought i enter the code in and get zero errors or Warnings just a blank screen pops up. I'll post what i entered, it would nice to get past this part so i can go on in the tutorial. using System; class hello { static void Main() { displayhello(); displayworld(); displayhelloworld(); } static void displayhello() { Console.WriteLine("hello"); } static void displayworld() { Console.WriteLine("world"); } static void displayhelloworld() { Console.WriteLine("hello world"); } } I have even added the Console.ReadLine(); also and no luck just a blank screen. Any help on this would be great.

Advertisement
A console window appears but without output?

Are you sure you didn't accidently create a Windows Application when you want a Console Application?

The window pops up and vanishes?
If that's the case, then just add a Console.ReadKey(); to the end of your main method.

I created a new one and made sure it was a console app. It shows up in quick console but not the actual black screen that pops up.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!