Sign in to follow this  
noxly

C# Express Edition problems

noxly    122
I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta compiler to try and learn C#. Even thought i enter the code in and get zero errors or Warnings just a blank screen pops up. I'll post what i entered, it would nice to get past this part so i can go on in the tutorial. using System; class hello { static void Main() { displayhello(); displayworld(); displayhelloworld(); } static void displayhello() { Console.WriteLine("hello"); } static void displayworld() { Console.WriteLine("world"); } static void displayhelloworld() { Console.WriteLine("hello world"); } } I have even added the Console.ReadLine(); also and no luck just a blank screen. Any help on this would be great.

GroZZleR    820
A console window appears but without output?

Are you sure you didn't accidently create a Windows Application when you want a Console Application?

Washu    7829
The window pops up and vanishes?
If that's the case, then just add a Console.ReadKey(); to the end of your main method.

noxly    122

I created a new one and made sure it was a console app. It shows up in quick console but not the actual black screen that pops up.