Sign in to follow this  
Richy2k

Blender and Texturing/UV Mapping

Richy2k    313
This summer i'm going to be working on a 3D RTS, graphics aren't going to need to be anything fancy, its more about the programming, but still I need models and reasonable graphics for the game. I'm using linux so i'll be doing my modelling in Blender. The modelling part is no problem, I can make reasonable models, but I have not got any idea when it comes to texturing. Can anyone point me to some n00b friendly tutorials? I've only been using Blender a week or so, but I have an entire summer (3 months) to learn, I only need to make a few basic models to get the game engine tested with, any more models can easily be added when i'm more familiar with Blender. Any help appreciated :)

Wolfmanyoda    530
Well it just so happens that GameDev just published an article on using Blender here to model a sword.
Part 2 comes out in a couple of weeks and it will show step-by-step how to UV map the sword.
The only thing is that it was written for version 2.34, so it doesn't show all of the great new modeling tools that 2.37 has, but the UV part is pretty much unchanged, so it should help.

EDIT: Actually, there are some video tutorials here, but I can't comment on them because I haven't seen them yet.
You can also download the 2.3 guide in .pdf format here.

Richy2k    313
Thanks for pointing me to the videos, just watched the LSCM UV Mapping video, very helpful, and shows me exactly what i need to do :-) I'll probably post up the results when i've textured the first model for my game.