derek7

take a look , my work

xor    516
Hey! That's actually nice!
I guess the rating can deceive after all. [smile]

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by evanofsky
Were you using Frank Luna's book? I am. It's pretty nice, isn't it?

very nice.

I got many from them.

but I try to update his terrain.It use linear interpolation.

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by deadimp
Direct3D Initialization failed for me :2

Do you use d3d9?

give me detail infomation.

Facehat    696
Two things:
a) It's generally considered common courtesy to give some sort of description of what it is that you're asking people to download. Most people (myself included) are a bit weary of running programs without any idea what it's supposed to do.
b) What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by The Senshi
Two things:

anyting about it.:-P

[Edited by - derek7 on June 5, 2005 1:08:22 AM]

oliii    2196
Quote:
Original post by The Senshi
Two things:
a) It's generally considered common courtesy to give some sort of description of what it is that you're asking people to download. Most people (myself included) are a bit weary of running programs without any idea what it's supposed to do.

Especially from people with extremely low ratings. Some people can be grudging assholes.

Quote:
Original post by derek7
anyting about it.:-P

it's a good start. And yeah, you can see the bilerp working there :)

Some possible extensions.

1) terrain texturing (multiple layers). detail map.
2) skybox.
3) animation tweening (use two animations).
4) animation speed (make the model walk slower uphill).
5) terrain LOD.
6) Simple inverse kinematics (IK). To avoid the feet of the characters to go through the floor. That is actually quite complex.

Otherwise, keep it up [grin]

deffer    754
Sniff...
About 2 years ago I was beginning with D3D, and I wrote a very similar thing... sniff..

What could you do next? I would work on the terrain, since it can teach you some design:
- Would you like your terrain to be covering some fixed area, or to expand dynamically (move with the player, some parts will be destroyed, other will be created)?
- Would you want it to be totally random (a'la Perlin Noise), or with a chance to insert some artificial data (eg: a flat area, on which you could easily put some buildings)?
- Should it be continous, or in chunks? Continous is easier to randomly generate, but it's harder to artificially change. Chunks are easy to load/remove at run-time, but harder to connect to each-other.

Other things:
- try to lock mouse in your app, if youre using DirectX(noy just D3D), look for mouse input, there's <foreground/background> and <exclusive/non-exclusive> option. It drives me crazy when I'm looking down, and my taskbar shows up ;/
- a thing already mentioned by @The Senshi, but in different context: I would like to read a - brief - description of what I'm going to download, eg. "I got some terrain, floating camera(a'la quake) and models with simple terrain collision". And also something like: "I produce my terrain with the following technique: [...]" or "I'm using .x files" ;)

Cheers.
/def

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Could you put it in a .zip? If I dl'ed a rar unzipper at work I'd need admin priviliges to install it. Very annoying...

derek7    100
Quote:

Some possible extensions.

1) terrain texturing (multiple layers). detail map.
2) skybox.
3) animation tweening (use two animations).
4) animation speed (make the model walk slower uphill).
5) terrain LOD.
6) Simple inverse kinematics (IK). To avoid the feet of the characters to go through the floor. That is actually quite complex.

Otherwise, keep it up [grin]

good suggestion
give me some clue.

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by deffer
Sniff...
About 2 years ago I was beginning with D3D, and I wrote a very similar thing... sniff..

What could you do next? I would work on the terrain, since it can teach you some design:
- Would you like your terrain to be covering some fixed area, or to expand dynamically (move with the player, some parts will be destroyed, other will be created)?
- Would you want it to be totally random (a'la Perlin Noise), or with a chance to insert some artificial data (eg: a flat area, on which you could easily put some buildings)?
- Should it be continous, or in chunks? Continous is easier to randomly generate, but it's harder to artificially change. Chunks are easy to load/remove at run-time, but harder to connect to each-other.
Cheers.
/def

your suggestion lead me to deep work. fine. thanks.recently I try to find job,but seem no job for me according to my current knowledge.
it torture me.but I will go deep .

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by NeoIO
Nice job dude! What about OpenGL? Have you done something with it? I rated you man! :)
I have not touched openGl yet.thanks for your rating.:)

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Could you put it in a .zip? If I dl'ed a rar unzipper at work I'd need admin priviliges to install it. Very annoying...

ok.

__ODIN__    479
Just curious; what on earth did you do to deserve that rating? From this thread you seem like a keen, hard-working guy, hardly the near-banned monster that rating should indicate.

Allan

Roquqkie    100
Nice work Derek! :)
Keep it up!

Quote:
Original post by __ODIN__
Just curious; what on earth did you do to deserve that rating? From this thread you seem like a keen, hard-working guy, hardly the near-banned monster that rating should indicate.

Allan

Probably because of the same reason why my rating is so low... For not sharing everyones opinion in the lounge-forum :)

Best regards,
Roq

DudeMiester    156
Well I looked through his thread history, and I think it's more to do with him posting 2 or 3 threads a day, often talking about trivial problems, when he clearly hasn't fully learned C++ to begin with, but claims he has. Seems to have annoyed quite a few with that. 209 threads since March 8th this year is quite a lot!

derek7    100
Quote:
Original post by DudeMiester
Well I looked through his thread history, and I think it's more to do with him posting 2 or 3 threads a day, often talking about trivial problems, when he clearly hasn't fully learned C++ to begin with, but claims he has. Seems to have annoyed quite a few with that. 209 threads since March 8th this year is quite a lot!

Mm I have a point , the trivial thing is not trivial.
maybe I am wrong.