take a look , my work

Started by
21 comments, last by mrbastard 18 years, 10 months ago
Sniff...
About 2 years ago I was beginning with D3D, and I wrote a very similar thing... sniff..

What could you do next? I would work on the terrain, since it can teach you some design:
- Would you like your terrain to be covering some fixed area, or to expand dynamically (move with the player, some parts will be destroyed, other will be created)?
- Would you want it to be totally random (a'la Perlin Noise), or with a chance to insert some artificial data (eg: a flat area, on which you could easily put some buildings)?
- Should it be continous, or in chunks? Continous is easier to randomly generate, but it's harder to artificially change. Chunks are easy to load/remove at run-time, but harder to connect to each-other.

Other things:
- try to lock mouse in your app, if youre using DirectX(noy just D3D), look for mouse input, there's <foreground/background> and <exclusive/non-exclusive> option. It drives me crazy when I'm looking down, and my taskbar shows up ;/
- a thing already mentioned by @The Senshi, but in different context: I would like to read a - brief - description of what I'm going to download, eg. "I got some terrain, floating camera(a'la quake) and models with simple terrain collision". And also something like: "I produce my terrain with the following technique: [...]" or "I'm using .x files" ;)

Cheers.
/def
Advertisement
Could you put it in a .zip? If I dl'ed a rar unzipper at work I'd need admin priviliges to install it. Very annoying...
Nice job dude! What about OpenGL? Have you done something with it? I rated you man! :)
good work, ++Rate for you.
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
Quote:

Some possible extensions.

1) terrain texturing (multiple layers). detail map.
2) skybox.
3) animation tweening (use two animations).
4) animation speed (make the model walk slower uphill).
5) terrain LOD.
6) Simple inverse kinematics (IK). To avoid the feet of the characters to go through the floor. That is actually quite complex.

Otherwise, keep it up [grin]

good suggestion
give me some clue.

Quote:Original post by deffer
Sniff...
About 2 years ago I was beginning with D3D, and I wrote a very similar thing... sniff..

What could you do next? I would work on the terrain, since it can teach you some design:
- Would you like your terrain to be covering some fixed area, or to expand dynamically (move with the player, some parts will be destroyed, other will be created)?
- Would you want it to be totally random (a'la Perlin Noise), or with a chance to insert some artificial data (eg: a flat area, on which you could easily put some buildings)?
- Should it be continous, or in chunks? Continous is easier to randomly generate, but it's harder to artificially change. Chunks are easy to load/remove at run-time, but harder to connect to each-other.
Cheers.
/def

your suggestion lead me to deep work. fine. thanks.recently I try to find job,but seem no job for me according to my current knowledge.
it torture me.but I will go deep .

Quote:Original post by NeoIO
Nice job dude! What about OpenGL? Have you done something with it? I rated you man! :)
I have not touched openGl yet.thanks for your rating.:)

Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Could you put it in a .zip? If I dl'ed a rar unzipper at work I'd need admin priviliges to install it. Very annoying...

ok.
Just curious; what on earth did you do to deserve that rating? From this thread you seem like a keen, hard-working guy, hardly the near-banned monster that rating should indicate.

Allan
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
Nice work Derek! :)
Keep it up!

Quote:Original post by __ODIN__
Just curious; what on earth did you do to deserve that rating? From this thread you seem like a keen, hard-working guy, hardly the near-banned monster that rating should indicate.

Allan

Probably because of the same reason why my rating is so low... For not sharing everyones opinion in the lounge-forum :)

Best regards,
Roq

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement