Sign in to follow this  
dave

A Screenshot Of My Forthcoming Game!

Just thought i would throw out a very early screenshot of my forthcoming game 3D Minesweeper. It is in its very early stages so it may not end up looking like this but this is an indication. ace

Vampyre_Dark: What do you mean?

Oh and i will probably bump map it as well. That would make it look sweet.

EDIT: Ooh i miss read, thought you said 'tilt it black', hehe. Presently i think it is tilted too far back. I'm proabbly going to straighten it up a bit, but i need to maintain the 3D perspective so not too much.

Any suggestions welcome.

ace

Can you fly around the board to get a better angle? and maybe have 3D flags. If you are adventurous, you can add some new 3D gameplay by stacking boards on top of eachother in some way, so you have to solve multiple boards, each getting bigger, until you have to solve the bottom board.

Hey, thanks for the replies. Some great ideas.

I had thought of the layered game, it would make the game very interesting. I have decided though that i will get a basic version finished first. Then i will change the gameplay greatly.

I have been testing the board with rotation and it looks good. Here is a latest screenshot after i had played with the camera position.

As you can see the back blocks are accessable now.

Any further suggestions are welcome.

ace

It's a start! =)

Is this gonna be a tech demo? Because if so you can add a 3D skybox (eh, skyplane?) in the background. Use some noise to make clouds or whatever. The bumpmapping sounded interesting. You could also the color scale thing for the numbers, like MS Minesweeper.

Does the board move when you move the mouse, or is it just static?

Suggestion: If it would rotate a bit I think the game would be a bit more appealing. If you move the mouse cursor toward a corner, that corner would rotate/turn towards the screen. I don't know how to describe it, but think of the old Wood Labyrinth Game that most of us played with when we were children.

Just a suggestion.

Quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove
Vampyre_Dark: What do you mean?
You coudl leave the board like that, but titlt up a bit more, and then model around it. It would seem like you were sweeping an actual patch of land.

Any models that had 3 sides for that could do the trick, and they could be switched out at random every new game. Then you could place 3d flags on the markers.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
how about uploading those explosion textures so people can download it?

-Because I don't maintain a website.
-The texture was made to blend a certain way, and has limited use to random people. It's ugly on it's own.
-Since you insists...

(had to convert to png to preserve the alpha channel)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Vampyre_Dark/misc/spark_0.png
(this is the result)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Vampyre_Dark/misc/fire2.gif

*please don't *fix* the above links.

Sign in to follow this