Questions on FBO Function Geting

Started by
10 comments, last by dopo 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi you guys im really confused that there is something strange happened that when i use wglGetProcAddress to get the APIs of FBO it shows that there are not such proc.i cant understand why there is no address to the FBO functions.im sure my card support the new feature because i ve tried useing the test of FBO download online whose screenshot seems very nice. ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// i wonder if i need new libs for OGL or if i followed wrong way. ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////// In addition,i can use VBO easily. Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
What card and what drivers?
GF FX5200
i dont know which edit of the driver which is installed using the disk with the card.
is it too old?
yes, it probably is, you'll need to goto nvidia's website and download a new set of drivers (I belive the offical ones have FBO support now, if not you'll need to get hold of a recent set of beta drivers, the location of which I cant help you with I'm afraid)
Thanks for your suggestion,and i will download a new one.
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
yes, it probably is, you'll need to goto nvidia's website and download a new set of drivers (I belive the offical ones have FBO support now, if not you'll need to get hold of a recent set of beta drivers, the location of which I cant help you with I'm afraid)

really? (if someone could confirm this thatd be great)
thatd make my day frankly lol
thanks a lot
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
eesh, i hate to bump, and i hate even more to hijack someone else's thread, but
*bump*

(i suppose its not really THAT off topic)

thanks a ton
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Nope, NVIDIA official drivers hosted on their website do not support FBO as of yet, however you can download betas from 76.xx and up and get what you wish for.
Today I download the 77.13 and according to my testing, they totally kickass performance and functionality wise.
You can grab them right here.
Peace
ah, it was the offical linux drivers which gained FBO support, I know it was something like that :)

Which is kinda handy because unless ATI release a driver set this week (when the new ones are released) with FBO I'm going to have to buy a cheapish (probably 6600GT) so I can get a GLSL/FBO/MRT example done for More OpenGL Game Programming [grin]
since I'm on a laptop, I'm kinda limited to either xtreme G drivers or tweaking the INF files myself. I have no problem tweaking the INF's provided I can figure out how to do so. I've got a pretty good idea, but I'm not entirely confident because what i learned was from comparing unmodified, xtreme and "made for my laptop" INF files. Xtreme G as far as i know has a 76.xx and a 71.89 driver, i suppose i should be going for the 71.89 becuase the 76 isnt going to have FBO support, correct? (Or should i just be tweaking the INF files)

thanks
-Dan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement