Sign in to follow this  
Ezbez

Game sound effects

Hello, I'm creating a fairly simple game. Its comming along nicely. I just started adding some audio content to it. Everything is working fine, but the only sound I have is a gun shot. This gets really annoying, since its the same sound over and over again. I really need two things. One, a website to get free game sound effects from. Two, a way to not make repetetive sounds get overwhelming and annoying. Thanks in advance, -Ezbez

For your first point regarding where to find sounds, take a look at the Music and Sound section. There's a couple of stickies there that might help you.

To make a boring sound less annoying, I've just come up with a solution. Why don't you have a selection of, say, 4 or 5 different ones, and pick a random number each time the sound playing function is called, and a different sound will be played when the random number is different. Would that suit your purposes?

HTH,

ukdeveloper.

Yeah, I just found www.findsounds.com Its very good.

To make the sound files less abnoxious, I have edited the same file several times making it have varying pitches/amplitudes. Then I do what ukdeveloper said, randomly choose one to play. It sounds alot better now.

Thanks for the help.