Sign in to follow this  
BlackWind

Unknown error!!

BlackWind    212
hi, i made an app with allegro and opengl and i have 2 problems: Problem number 1: And in my computer and many others runs perfectly, but i sent my app to a friend and hi cant open it. throws this 2 error: unknown software exception (0x80000003) in direction 0x77f6f570 the instruction in "0x5f141af7" reference the memorie 0x00000030 the moerie cannot bie "read" what can it be? he has the same OS (WIN XP).... i prevent error checking in every initializing stuff, but that doesnt belong to any that i try to checked. Problem number 2: In the computer of my sister, it doesnt run, becasue it CANT set the video mode. i tried with this 3, and none of them worked on her laptop (mine is a laptop too) if( set_gfx_mode( GFX_OPENGL, SCREEN_WIDTH , SCREEN_HEIGHT , 0 , 0 ) != 0 ) if( set_gfx_mode( GFX_OPENGL_WINDOWED, SCREEN_WIDTH , SCREEN_HEIGHT , 0 , 0 ) != 0 ) if( set_gfx_mode( GFX_OPENGL_FULLSCREEN, SCREEN_WIDTH , SCREEN_HEIGHT , 0 , 0 ) != 0 ) we have the same OS (winxp), both are toshiba, with pentium4, but different video card , mine is nvidia, and her is ATI radeon, but its weird beacuse her video card its newer than mine (for about 2 years).... thanks in advance.....

BlackWind    212
Quote:
Original post by Fruny
1) Smells like a stray NULL pointer.

i dont understand,how can i solve that?, and why it only happens on that single computer (i have tried my game on about 10 computers --all winxp--)

Quote:
Original post by Fruny
2) I don't know.

hehe, does somebody knows???

Nemesis2k2    1045
I agree on 1, it's probably a null pointer (IE, one that's set to 0), from which you're trying to read data. Seeing as the pointer ended up at 0x30, it's probably an object or an array (which doesn't narrow it down much). Basically, it's a logic problem somewhere in your code, and you'll have to be the one to track it down. It gave you the address of the instruction that casued the access violation. You can determine the code that corresponds with in your source if you know how, but it's rather involved, and more than I have time to go into here.

As for 2, you could be trying to use a resolution her laptop screen doesn't support, or her drivers might not be setup properly (IE, there might not be OpenGL support available).