Where to learn visual basic

Started by
8 comments, last by rayce 18 years, 10 months ago
I have been searching google for awile. Didnt find much. Im 15 so i have no cash to spend on darkbasic. So i was wondering if anyone knows anyfree sites to learn it.
Advertisement
I did a google search and it pulled up plenty of resources:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Visual+Basic+Tutorials

The first link has 22 full lessons on there.
thanks i was lookign for a half hour but couldn't find nutin then i started looking throguh sum threads and couldn't find anything so i decided to post thanks
http://www.programmershelp.co.uk/index.php

Tends to have alot of info on various languages.
- GDKnight
VB6, or .NET?

If VB6 and you're looking for some good tutorials specific to game-related topics, there are some excellent tutorials here which you may find useful. You'll probably still want to look for some tutorials just on the basics of the language itself though, or perhaps get a book on the subject from your local library. There are also some tutorials in various languages listed in the For Beginners Forum FAQ, here.

//EDIT: Wait... did you want Visual Basic, or Dark Basic? Your thread title says VB, but you mention DB in your OP...

- Jason Astle-Adams

Don't get too caught up in VB6 if you are using that. Microsoft is killing the project in 2006 and they will not sell or support it any longer. The same goes for the MS Native Visual C++. Microsoft is making a bold move on only supporting .Net but it is their decision.
My JournalComputer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter. (Eric Raymond)"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes itharder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."-- Bjarne Stroustrup
TheNobleOne -- "Microsoft is killing the project in 2006 and they will not sell or support it any longer. The same goes for the MS Native Visual C++."

Care to back that up? I have not heard of the complete and total abandonment of 'Native' Visual C++ (which would have to include MFC and Win32) as of yet???
www.planet-source-code.com very huge vb codes to learn :D
It's even worse. As you can read we're now in the Extended Phase which means that right now you have to pay to get support...

Cheers
Quote:Original post by TheNobleOne
Don't get too caught up in VB6 if you are using that. Microsoft is killing the project in 2006 and they will not sell or support it any longer. The same goes for the MS Native Visual C++. Microsoft is making a bold move on only supporting .Net but it is their decision.

"Visual Basic 6.0 will no longer be supported starting March 2008."

i counldnt find the same thing for vc++ are you sure its true?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement