[4E4] Confused about a rule? Not sure if time travel is allowed?

Started by
147 comments, last by superpig 18 years, 9 months ago
Post your questions here regarding the contest rules for the 4 Elements 4 contest and a staff member will provide the answer. Periodically this post will be updated as a FAQ for rule clarifications.
Advertisement
What platform does it have to be for? Can I make it specificaly for dreamcast, or does it need to be able to run on a Win32 system?

Any size limmits?

Any uper limmit on the violence or lanugage or nudity?
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
From the 4E4 contest page [smile]:

Quote:
Platform: PC, Windows, Web Browser

Admin for GameDev.net.

Is kudos points a real thing? If it is, how do we get them?
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Quote:Original post by Ainokea
Is kudos points a real thing? If it is, how do we get them?

They are real, and they are "for obvious efforts by an entry to go above and beyond the contest requirements."

Admin for GameDev.net.

What's 4E4? Link?
Quote:Original post by Mattman
What's 4E4? Link?

See the announcement here in the forums, or the GameDev.net front page news.

Admin for GameDev.net.

First, I apologize if this was in the entry description (or just plain stupid), but I didn't see it and just wanted to clarify :
Quote:User documentation describing game use (i.e. a user manual) is required to be submitted with the entry.

I'm assuming this is outside of the game itself, so what format should this be in ? .Pdf, .html, ... or is it at our discretion, so long as you can use it ?

Quote:Platform: PC, Windows, Web Browser

I'll admit I missed the "Web Browser" part; so this is specifically a web-based competition ? Can we use Java, and if so what version will these machines have ?
- stormrunner
Quote:Original post by stormrunner
First, I apologize if this was in the entry description (or just plain stupid), but I didn't see it and just wanted to clarify :
Quote:User documentation describing game use (i.e. a user manual) is required to be submitted with the entry.

I'm assuming this is outside of the game itself, so what format should this be in ? .Pdf, .html, ... or is it at our discretion, so long as you can use it ?

It's at your discretion.

Quote:
Quote:Platform: PC, Windows, Web Browser

I'll admit I missed the "Web Browser" part; so this is specifically a web-based competition ? Can we use Java, and if so what version will these machines have ?

I'll need to rephrase that because it's not necessarily a web-based competition. It can be anything that runs on a Windows PC, including a web browser. You can use Java, and it would be the latest version.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I am a little unsure on the legal side of things. in the legal area at the bottom, you say it needs to be completely our work, and we need to have full ownership of everything in the game.

i use several 100% free texture packs, they do have an author, but he has put no copyright on them and says we can use them in any project we want, free or commercial.

am i allowed to use these in the entry? you say we are allowed to use libraries and encouraged to do so, so i would assume yes?
Boris The Sneaky Russian

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement