hey everyone can i ask a question

Started by
3 comments, last by Emmanuel Deloget 18 years, 10 months ago
hey everyone. i haven't been on this site for a couple of years and have been thinking about getting a new account cause i forgot my old password. well, obviously i did, so HI! anyways, i have a question. im programming visual basic, and i want to know if you can use it to do stuff with the internet. it looks like my web brower (firefox) was made with visual basic, and i was wonderint how it connects to the internet, because there arent any control s that do that.
Advertisement
firefox is not written in VB, and there are controls for internet stuff with VB... :)

what version of VB are you using?
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Firefox is written in C++.

You can use the internet from your VB application.

In VB6:

Create a standard EXE,
Right click on the toolbar and select components,
Tick "Microsoft Internet Controls",
Now you will have the webbrowser control on your toolbar,
Deag it onto your form and size it as you want,
To navigate to a page with it use the code:
- WebBroswer1.Navigate "http://www.google.com"

Just a hint. 'Hey everyone, can I ask a question?' is not a good title for a thread. For one thing, everyone here is asking questions. For another, people will either ignore the thread because it doesn't tell them that the thread might be about an area that they are interested or experienced.

You can edit your original post and change the title to something more enlightening.
Another hint: posting in only one forum is often good enough. In fact, according to the FAQ, posting in more than one forum is often worse than posting in only one forum. A long reader like you is supposed to know this.

Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement