Suggestions??

Started by
5 comments, last by Squirm 18 years, 10 months ago
Alright here is the situation.. I love games, I plan to get into the world of Game Designing so I need to know what posistion I should strive for! =I want to make the concepts for the games =I want to dictate what the graphics look like =I am in the process of learning C++ =I want to be able to make the A.I. realistic So what job in the gaming industry would suit my taste?? any questions ask any comments appreciated Thanks A 1000GBs
Advertisement
The titles of various jobs depends on the company themselves, various companies have differen't positions. Seems to me like your looking for more a strictly game design job. Thus, your position would be game designer.
- GDKnight
Quote:Original post by tcrock
so I need to know what posistion I should strive for!
Okay, lets see [smile]

Quote:=I want to make the concepts for the games
Game designer

Quote:=I want to dictate what the graphics look like
Modeller/Sprite Artist

Quote:=I am in the process of learning C++
Programmer

Quote:=I want to be able to make the A.I. realistic
A.I. Programmer

Quote:So what job in the gaming industry would suit my taste??
Sounds like you were made for Independent Game Development! When you're a one-man team, you get to do everything. Which is a blessing and a curse... [wink]
You know there's a book called Ultimate Game Design. You should pick it up. It looks like you'll enjoy it!!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

The gaming industry is not a very friendly place anymore
now that the suits took over. My advice is to stay solo or group
over the net.
what are/is the "suits"??
Thanks for the replies
"Suit" = Bloke wearing tie and surprisingly expensive yet strangely tasteless jacket, who is paid 10 times as much as you but has one tenth of the intelligence.

He has access to the money, and consequently dictates what you do, what your deadlines are, and whether or not you are still employed this time next year.
He played a game once.
When he was 12.
If he perseveres with his night classes, he should master the use of email soon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement