• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Flecko

My 2D graphics lib (C#)

This topic is 4875 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm releasing a 2D graphics library I've been tinkering with for a while. It's nothing too special, but it's got some decent features - it uses a hierarchical transformation structure which makes it easy to use, it has a pretty good class structure, the code is well-documented (I think :P), it supports vertex caching for quickly drawing particle effects, and uses transform vertices so you can use HLSL. I've also written a few small samples. Source code Samples I'm not too advanced at DirectX, and while the library might be more helpful to beginners, I'm hoping it'll generate interest from people who know more about it than I do. I'd like to optimize this thing as much as possible and make it more useful, so if anyone has suggestions or might want to contribute to it, please let me know. Thanks, Max [Edited by - _Flecko on June 15, 2005 10:53:14 PM]

Advertisement
[bump] Nobody's interested at all? Maybe screenshots from the samples will entice someone:

If not, I'll just let this die :P

interest...here. I've been working on something similar for a while now. I'll certainly check back soon.

Interest over here ... I'll surely check out all of the stuff.

I'm very thankfull that you share your stuff with the community *thumb up*

cheers,
marcel

Quote:
Original post by Senses777
All of the examples give me an exception of "System.MissingFieldException" or missing input ^^

Hmm...where do these exceptions occur? Is it possible you aren't using the same version of DirectX as I am (April '05)?

Try recompiling Trans2D, then deleting and recreating references to it in the samples.

If anyone creates any interesting apps with it, let me know, I'd like to see. I'm working on a game with it right now, I'll post screens and things once it's matured a little.

Man that's cool, I got the samples to work.

I'll see if I can produce something with the library if I get the time:)

Quote:
Original post by _Flecko
Quote:
Original post by Senses777
All of the examples give me an exception of "System.MissingFieldException" or missing input ^^

Hmm...where do these exceptions occur? Is it possible you aren't using the same version of DirectX as I am (April '05)?

Try recompiling Trans2D, then deleting and recreating references to it in the samples.

If anyone creates any interesting apps with it, let me know, I'd like to see. I'm working on a game with it right now, I'll post screens and things once it's matured a little.

It's possibly because of my DirectX version. I'm updating to the latest one right now.

Nope, still errors. I get "An exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' has occured in Shaders.exe." for example.

What are the details of the exception? If it gives you a FileNotFound, then where in the code does it break, what's the call stack and message? I'm not sure what would cause a file not found in Shaders.exe since it only uses embedded resources, unless the .exe isn't finding dlls where it expects to (which could be a result of the references I mentioned)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!