• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Again...about colors and stuff

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there! How could I change the background color of my console app?At MSDN I haven´t found anything like that...I can change the text colors and even the text background(when I write,the background behind the words changes its color)using conio.h and conio.c functions,but I´d like to change the whole screen color.Also,I´d appreciate if someone could post here an explanation about how to detect it if the arrow keys are being pressed.This is because I´m planning to make a roguelike game and I need to know these stuff before starting. Thanks in advance!=)

Advertisement
Hi,
you could try this link: http://www.cplusplus.com/ref/cstdio/getchar.html it explains some basics about characters input/output.

Y.

This may help. What you'll do is just paint a space over the whole console in the background colour you want. You'll have to use cursor relocationing a lot. Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!