• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ramy

DirectX c++ problem

This topic is 4855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was working perfectly with direct3d under c# with no problem,and very quick, until i came accross switching to unmanaged c++. so i started from scratch creating device and so forth. the problem is, the device is created but it draws nothing, nomatter wat i do to it. here r some sample code i did: // Creating the device if( NULL == ( m_pD3D = Direct3DCreate9( D3D_SDK_VERSION ) ) ) return; // Set up the structure used to create the D3DDevice ZeroMemory( &m_d3dpp, sizeof(m_d3dpp) ); m_d3dpp.Windowed = TRUE; m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = m_iWidth; m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = m_iHeight; m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8; m_d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; m_d3dpp.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D16; m_d3dpp.EnableAutoDepthStencil = true; // Create the D3DDevice if( FAILED( m_pD3D->CreateDevice( D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, m_hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &m_d3dpp, &m_pd3dDevice ) ) ) { return; } //Begin Frame DWORD state; m_pd3dDevice->GetRenderState(D3DRS_ZENABLE, &state); if( state ) { m_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_COLORVALUE(0.0f,0.0f,1.0f,1.0f), m_fZDepth, m_dwStencil ); } else { m_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET, D3DCOLOR_COLORVALUE(0.0f,0.0f,1.0f,1.0f), m_fZDepth, m_dwStencil ); } m_pd3dDevice->BeginScene(); // EndFrame m_pd3dDevice->EndScene(); m_pd3dDevice->Present( NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ); // Creating vertex struct struct VertexSimple { float x, y, z; DWORD diffuse; }; #define FVF_SIMPLE (D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE) // Initializing geometry g_Device->CreateDevice(); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_LIGHTING, false); VertexSimple *vert = new VertexSimple[3]; vert[0].x = 50; vert[0].y = 50; vert[0].z = 0; vert[0].diffuse = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(10, 0, 0); vert[1].x = 150; vert[1].y = 00; vert[1].z = 0; vert[1].diffuse = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(10, 0, 0); vert[2].x = 0; vert[2].y = 0; vert[2].z = 0; vert[2].diffuse = D3DCOLOR_XRGB(10, 0, 0); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->CreateVertexBuffer( 3*sizeof(VertexSimple), D3DUSAGE_WRITEONLY, FVF_SIMPLE, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &VertexBuffer, NULL ); void *pVertices = NULL; VertexBuffer->Lock( 0, sizeof( 3*sizeof(VertexSimple) ), (void**)&pVertices, 0 ); memcpy( pVertices, vert, sizeof(3*sizeof(VertexSimple) ) ); VertexBuffer->Unlock(); // My camera is initialized as follows: m_pd3dDevice = dev.m_pd3dDevice; D3DXMATRIXA16 Projection; D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH(&Projection, 45.0f, 4/3, 1, 10000); m_pd3dDevice->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION, &Projection); // Look function called while rendering D3DXMATRIXA16 mView; D3DXMatrixLookAtLH(&mView, &Pos, &(View + Pos), &Up); m_pd3dDevice->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &mView); // in main, i initalize the position view and up o fthe camera as follows: pos.x = 50; pos.y = 0; pos.z = -10; view.x = 0; view.y = 0; view.z = 1; up.x = 0; up.y = 1; up.z = 0; //In my render loop i draw the three verts as follows: D3DXMATRIX world; D3DXMatrixIdentity(&world); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &world); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->SetFVF( FVF_SIMPLE ); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->SetStreamSource( 0, VertexBuffer, 0, sizeof(VertexSimple) ); g_Device->m_pd3dDevice->DrawPrimitive( D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, 0, 1 ); where is my problem? i setup the camera correct, and looks in right direction, and setup the vertices correctly. why does this same piece of code works under Managed direct3D (c#) and not under unmaned c++ Direct3D? very weird, anybody has a clue?

Advertisement
Just for future reference, you can make your posts look a lot more appealing by using the [ source ] - [ / source ] tags around your code fragment(s) [smile]

Anyway...

As a general rule of thumb, native/unmanaged code tends to be a little less forgiving/helpful than the managed equivalent.

You haven't got any particular information on whether anything is failing - you're not checking any return codes that I can see.

I suggest you follow the steps found here about how to debug a Direct3D application. If it's a "proper" error, the aforementioned articles methods will tell you exactly what it is [smile]

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!