• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

PIX for windows?

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all I've heard about a program called PIX for windows (or something similar) which acts the same as D3dSpy, what can I do with it and how can I download it? I visited the MSDN page about it, but I couldn't find any link for downloading this program, can you help me please. thanks

Advertisement
PIX is included in the DirectX SDK. It can be used to perform profiling and analysis of your graphics programs.

As Nik02 said, it's in the DirectX SDK archive. When you install the SDK, it should appear in the start menu ("root"->"DirectX Utilities"->"PIX for Windows") failing that, look in the actual binary folder "root"->"utilities"->"bin"->"x86"->"pixwin.exe"

hth
Jack

thanks for your help, I searched these locations but I couldn't find any file named PIXwin, I think it should be possible to download it from the web, if so, where should check for it?
thanks agian
bye....

Due to various licencing issues I guess they're not going to offer it as a seperate download. They used to do this (iirc) for DMusic Producer though, so I don't see why they couldn't. Would definitely help out with their bi-monthly release schedule [grin]

Anyway, I have the December-2004 SDK installed. I can't remember if PIX was in the october update, but if so it was probably the first one to include it. Maybe you need a newer version of the SDK.

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
Anyway, I have the December-2004 SDK installed. I can't remember if PIX was in the october update, but if so it was probably the first one to include it. Maybe you need a newer version of the SDK.

Actually, I think the Summer Update 2004 SDK was the first to include it. Since then, it has recieved numerous upgrades, additions, and fixes. All of these releases are starting to blend together now [oh]

Quote:
Original post by vcGamer
thanks for your help, I searched these locations but I couldn't find any file named PIXwin, I think it should be possible to download it from the web, if so, where should check for it?
thanks agian
bye....

Pix for Windows is only available in the SDK downloads. The first release was Summer 2004, but you'll want to get the latest versions because we are constantly improving Pix in every release -- June is going to have some really good stuff in it. ;)

Paul Bleisch
WGGT Solutions.

Quote:
Original post by paulble
June is going to have some really good stuff in it. ;)

True that [smile]

Quote:
Original post by Nik02
Quote:
Original post by paulble
June is going to have some really good stuff in it. ;)

True that [smile]

Oooh, might have to make time to have a play with it then [smile]

I've put off upgrading my SDK as I need a stable one to do some long-term development on, but I can probably get away with it now [oh]

Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!