• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vbuser1338

Anyone want to Check-Out my pac-man clone

This topic is 4884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok this is my first real game except simple board games like checkers,tic-tac-toe and a remake of a game called slimewars another board game. It only has 3 levels right now and I would like to hear anyone's input on the game. This is the link Pac-Man(hopefully this link works tell me if it doesn't). Cya later, vbuser [Edit] link fixed

Advertisement
Why does it just open and exit, with the window title "SDL_App"? I ran the exe by the way.

EDIT: When compiling the source, I shouldn't have to sift through the error log changing things like "SDL.h" to <SDL/SDL.h>. If you have it the way you have it, it assumes the file is in the same directory as the sources, which it ain't. Just a thought.

EDIT 2: Undefined references to CreateFont, SelectObject, DeleteObject. What linker flag am I missing?

I don't know what is wrong with the executable. It works for me fine. As for the library to link do you have kernel32.lib? I couldn't find out which library to link to for that. My compiler code Blocks does not seem to have to link to anything for it. Right now I have these linked:
SDL
SDL_MAIN
opengl32
glu32
SDLMAIN
SDL_MIXER
If anyone could post the correct library to link please do so.

Cya,
vbuser

Guest Anonymous Poster
oh plz kernel32.dll is the damn backbone of Windows :P it should automatically link for you, unless your running on a diff. platform

Thanks I'm thinking about a chess game with no AI of course since it took me awhile to do tic-tac-toe AI. And thanks to everyone for helping me on my projects or else I would still be learning basics and my code would be even slopier.
Good luck on everyone else's projects.
Vbuser

You forgot to include SDL.dll so it wouldnt run for me so I had to replace it with my own SDL.dll then it wanted SDL mixer which I don't have. [sad]

You need to put all the DLLs you are using in with the exe. Seems like all SDL stuff so far, so just copy them all in.

Matt Hughson

Works for me. Good job! You should however include the version of SDL.DLL, as well as all the other SDL extension libraries your game uses.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!