• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
try_catch_this

Getting cvs on windows

This topic is 4885 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I keep seeing cvs commands like this cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/glew login <enter> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/glew co glew I downloaded wincvs but it dosent have the command line cvs.exe that you appearntly need. Anyone got a cvs client working on windows?

Advertisement
Yes, TortoisCVS is what I use for CVS on windows. It has a "cvs.exe" in the "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS" folder so you can command there using cmd and type those lines. I gave it a try and it worked fine, so you should have no probs with that. Good luck!

I think to use WinCVS on your computer to access a remote CVS server via ssh, you need to point wincvs to an ssh program which may not be included... I could be wrong though, haven't played with it in years.

The command line cvs.exe resides in the CVSNT directory where you installed WinCVS.

Take a look at this if you need cvs over ssh.

I have WinCVS working quite nicely.

Now when I took a look at the WinCVS download page, I saw there are two download links: one says Installer, and one says 'Bare' installer. Are you sure you did not pick the bare installer, since this indeed lacks the CVS binaries?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!