• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Asheh

[web] Good hosting companies?

This topic is 4879 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im looking for a good hosting company, anyone got any suggestions? I need some half decent bandwidth... few gig (maybe 5 or more). Decent space, 1 gig is plenty. PHP/MySQL Support etc etc. Cheers :)

Advertisement
iPowerWeb seems to be well featured, reasonably priced and is known to give pretty good service. I've recently had them recommended to me, and shall be using them myself shortly. Oh, and it was recommended to me by the moderator of the Web Development Forum, so I'm pretty confident he knows what he's on about. [wink]

Lunarpages also seem to have some very competative plans and are well thought of.

Either of those should probably meet your needs I think, although there are probably plenty of other good hosts around as well. [smile]

Hostdime is absolute shit, I'm in the middle of transferring from them right now.

I've heard good things about Lunarpages.

I use 1and1

10 bucks a month, 2gigs, 3 domains. Or you can get more along what you originally posted for I think $5 monthly. Very Cheap.

I already have the domains, im wanting to spend around no more than £10 a month (thats about $18 i think?)

imo mandatory feature set for any hosting service:

- Ability to transfer domain name
- PHP support
- FTP access
- HTTPS support
- SSI (server side includes) support
- complete PERL / CGI support
- MySQL/Postgresql/etc... support
- Email Accounts

any more features?

I want multiple accounts too (since I have multiple domains) so probably some kind of a reseller feature?

Quote:
Original post by Asheh
I already have the domains, im wanting to spend around no more than £10 a month (thats about $18 i think?)

iPowerWeb offers 3GB of space, 50GB transfer and all the usual features (including PHP/mySQL) for US$7.95/month. //EDIT: Hrm, not really sure about reseller features, I havn't really looked into it.

telnap has exactly what you want under "Special Offers" then "Direct Admin":

For $4.85/mo (paid as $58.20 yearly), you can get 1GB of space, 20GB of monthly transfer, and a reseller DirectAdmin account with no limits on the number of users, domains, emails, ftp accounts, etc

For $5.75/mo (paid monthly), you can raise it to 1.2GB of space and 24GB of monthly transfer

Or, if you want less, it goes as low as $4.10/mo (paid as $49.20 yearly) for 700Mb of space and 14GB of monthly transfer

I use them and they're great (I have the $5.75/mo plan).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!