• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mishal153

glDrawElements() ambiguity ?

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[ this problem is solved...look at the 3rd post(reply) ] hi, I have stored vertex (x,y,z) values and texture values vertex class objects. I want to use vertex arrays . My code is below
Gl.glVertexPointer( 3 , Gl.GL_FLOAT  , Marshal.SizeOf(new Vertex()) , m_VertexArray.m_VerticesList.ToArray(typeof(float) ) );

now it is giving error saying closest match for last parameter is bool[] ( even though there is float[] in the overloads ) second , even if i manage to do it....how can i provide the Texture coordinate pointer , coz i wanted to start from insise the first object ( from where the tex coord starte) and jump sizeof(object) bytes ?? thanx. I hope my problm is clear. if not please do ask as i am online for quite some time still :) thanx a lot. [Edited by - mishal153 on June 8, 2005 3:19:43 AM]

Advertisement
Depends on how you invoke gl*pointer. I use IntPtr so I use gl*Pointer(....,Marshal.UnsafeAddrOfPinnedArrayElement( buffer, 0 ) ); But I'm not sure you can do that in .NET 1.1.

i managed to seperate the vertex values into another float array . It works but one question..
My indexes are stored in an int array. But in glDrawElements() call i am having to give type as GL_UNSIGNED_INT , or it doesnt work?

any idea why? i mean even though the array type is int i still have to mention GL_UNSIGNED_INT to make it work . GL_INT doesnt work...nothng gets drawn on the window.

thanx for the help all. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!