• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Wenke

*New Game Under Development*

This topic is 4877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

MoonStruck Games is a newly formed company who's goal is to create fun, unique, and stylish computer games. The CORE of MoonStruck consists of 4 talented individuals with backgrounds in music, film, computer science, and business. Through this mix of skill and experience a synergy is born creating a fresh perspective in game design. As most gamers have figured out, bigger gaming companies doesn't always mean better, and MoonStruck will definitatly back that saying up. Although our team and funding is small, our missing is big. We will be creating an AAA next generation game as well as a powerful engine to run it. In a few weeks time a website will be launched with some small information on our game codenamed "Survival", as well as our engine. I will update you when that time comes. Since I haven't properly introduced myself, allow me to! My name is Ryan Wenke as you can tell from the username. I am the lead programmer and currently only programmer working on our next generation engine. I have strong knowledge in networking, c/c++, opengl/directx, AI programming, and engine architecture. I have worked with previous engines such as the SilverBack Engine that ran the every so popular Savage: The Battle for Newerth. Our engine titled "DPEngine" will be a complete platform for creating unbelievable games. Once again more information on both the game and engine will be released on our website in a few weeks. Although we are very comfortable with the size of our company, we are always looking for talented individuals who share our goals. If you are interested in joining MoonStruck games please feel free to email at James_Bond00733@hotmail.com . You are always welcome to reply to this post and if anyone has any questions that doesn't involve giving away our secret/unreleased information, than feel free to ask :)

Advertisement
This looks more like it should be in the Help Wanted section.

You seem to have some pretty high goals, not to mention appearing to be rather new to gamedev. It really helps to either post some of the things that you've finished for your project already (in this case a website, or a demo of the engine), or to post any examples of the work you've done previously before this project. You'll have a hard time convincing people your serious otherwise, eitherway best of luck in your endeavors. ;D

Thanks for your reply. As i stated in my post a website will be on it's way in a few weeks time. I also mentioned I worked with the SilverBack engine. If you want to see a previous project that is just about ready to be released check out www.tombstonemod.com. It's hard to convince people you are serious over the internet, and it makes it even harder when you started development a month prior to posting. Game engines take a while to program, so don't expect a demo of some sort anytime soon. I apperciate you reading my post and thank you for the "good luck."

Ryan Wenke

The first thing I noticed when loading the page was: James_Bond00733@hotmail.com

From a professional stand point.... I think it's horrible to advertise something, with an unprofessional email address.

"I am the head of NASA, we are looking to hire qualified candidates. Please email me at... irulehighschool@yahoo.com"

Let me quote myself:

"In a few weeks time a website will be launched with some small information on our game codenamed "Survival", as well as our engine. I will update you when that time comes."

A Website/Domain name will be ready in a few weeks. Since it isn't ready now, I can not set an email for myself or anyone working on this project. When our website is up I will set emails for myself and the staff. I'd rather you contact me on my "personal" email rather than wait a few weeks for a "professional" email.

It helps reading the whole post.

Ryan Wenke

Your Announcements would be a more appropriate place for this. If you're looking for specific talent I recommend making a posting in Help Wanted outlining what you need.

Quote:
Original post by Ryan Wenke
It helps reading the whole post.

Ryan Wenke

It also helps to check the spelling in your company's mission statement:

Quote:
Although our team and funding is small, our missing is big.
Quote:
...if anyone has any questions...than feel free to ask

Ryan, with all due respect, I think Gyrthok was sincere in saying that a post like this should be placed in the Help Wanted section. Furthermore, he was likely offering constructive criticism in his analysis of your post.

If you want your company presentation/solicitation to appear professional (spelling errors not withstanding), it may behoove you to maintain a professional attitude when other community members offer suggestions (as opposed to quipping "it helps reading the whole post").

I wish you and your company the best; it sounds like you have some interesting things in store.

-Razorguts

Yea...

I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a website or screenshots or something... It made me mad that I burned .00005 calories clicking the mouse to read this post and got nothing for all my effort. ;)

lol - Best wishes either way..

Tye

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!