• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
njkt

console engine?

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Well here is a little background info to help you understand what I'll be asking. Whenever I start a new programming language I always start off by making the same console rpg and I learn loads from that. I've made the game with x86 asm, win32 asm (console AND gui), so now I'm making one in c++. The question I have is how would the engine work? In my previous versions I used a simple engine that was none-to flattering and I want to make something more sophisticated this time(mainly using this as a stepping stone to 2D as I have done in the past) but I dont know how it would work. the idea for the game is very simple; kill, gain gold, level up, buy stuff, and kill some more. But in this version I want to impliment a dice system(think D&D) for things such as gold, lvlup hit points, attack rolls, defence rolls, etc. So that leaves me a little puzzled as to how I will make all of this work with a nice console visual. Any help would be very great :) Thanks.

Advertisement
thanks for the help guys,

Sailorstick: i think i missed it because i dont see any open source for that?

Rob Loach: im not looking for something already made, just want some direction on how to design this better than i have in the past :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!