Log processes' use of CPU and RAM

Started by
3 comments, last by MadMaxz5 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi all, Is there a way(tool) to log how much CPU time and RAM the processes have been using in set time intervals, much like Windows Task Manager, but one that records what's been happening, not just what is there at the moment. Thanks.
Advertisement
I think Intel's VTune does a lot of that. It is more of a profiler, I'm not sure if thats exactly what you need or not..

hth
moe.ron
moe.ron
Thanks for the guidance.
The reason I'm looking for a tool like this is that windows visibly slows down sometimes and when I boot up Task Manager its too late and processes workload already showing 99 per cent CPU time as system idle. So I cannot find the culprit that is responsible for slowing the system down. I suspect the firewall software, but would be nice to see that for a fact.
There's also the Performance Monitor which comes with Windows NT4+. With some configuration, you can have it store whatever it's monitoring to a log file to view at a later date.

We use it all the time at work to monitor processes during lengthy QA stress tests for memory/handle leaks and other things.

You will find it under Administrative Tools in either your Control Panel or Start Menu.
Got it. Thanks!!! Great tool!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement