• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
roos

Making mah code all pretty

This topic is 4733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, At my last job, I got really used to their coding style, in which EVERYTHING has to be lined up all the time... e.g.:
	m_pLights    = 0;
	m_pObjects   = 0;
	m_pMaterials = 0;	
(Notice the = signs are all lined up). Now I'm hooked on this style, makes the code more readable and easy on the eyes... It's a real pain though, especially if you add a new line to a block of code which is longer than the other, so you have to shift all the other equal signs over a few spaces... So, does anyone know if there's any kind of Visual studio plug-in that automatically formats your code like this? For example you just click and drag, highlight some block of code then click on a "pretty-ify" button and bam, your code is all pretty.. Thanks! roos

Advertisement
I too program like this. In fact one of the reasons I like Assembly is it's so easy to create aligned code. Anyway a plugin that does it automatically would be fun to write, but I wouldn't hold out hope that one already has been.

<cough> <cough> vim <cough>

seriously though, i like it too. this makes me think about writing a little ruby script that i could call from vim to do this on selected regions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!