• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brandon F

MY website...

This topic is 4883 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

yo all check out my site. its a visual basic programming site. yea i know its not all that great but i dont really feel like making it look all super pretty and crap. so enjoy. www.freewebs.com/bsfoltz also, i am currently working on a game similar to wolfenstein 3d or doom. it will be multiplayer, have a level editor, and have some AI for the single player peeps. ill probably have it done by late this summer and ill have a link on my site for it.

Advertisement
ooook....well, you see, if you plan on making a doom-like game, even if its just the first ones, you'll probably need more than VB and a freewebs site.

Just my opinion ;)

Quote:
Original post by Samsonite
ooook....well, you see, if you plan on making a doom-like game, even if its just the first ones, you'll probably need more than VB and a freewebs site.

Just my opinion ;)

No. VB is perfectly capable of creating a DOOM-like game. It will be a little more difficult than say with C++, due to it's lack of pointers and real classes, but it's certainly doable.

Good luck!

ive done a lot better than the stuff i have on my site, i just didnt post them for download because they would take up like all of my webspace.

and yes i know that vb isnt the language of choice for FPS programmers, but its what i have and its what im going to use. thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Quote:
Original post by smr
No. VB is perfectly capable of creating a DOOM-like game. It will be a little more difficult than say with C++, due to it's lack of pointers and real classes, but it's certainly doable.

Good luck!

Oh, sorry, that was what i ment :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!