• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mrtie_dye

Custom Fonts?

This topic is 4818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a friend who went to the Art Institute for a couple years. He knows Illistrator, 3d Studio Max, etc. He said that he knows how to create custom fonts in Illistrator, but only as an image. I want to be able to load the font he creates into my Win32 program and use it just like you would any other font. How would I go about doing this? What format does he need to save the fonts as? Any help on creating and using custom fonts would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
well let him save as any image you can read and by simply using the RECT variable you would go through with one you want to draw, it would be useful if all the characters in the font would be all the same width and height, then you could do some transparency on a color like pink and then draw

If you want to use it as a standard Windows font, it will have to be converted, probably to TrueType. This tool should so exactly that, but it costs $65 (or $99 if you get the "pro" version). You may be able to find alternatives cheaper (or free) with a few minutes on Google. Once the font is in TrueType format you can simply install it to the system and then use it with CreateFont() etc. in any Win32 app.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!