• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EmmanuelFP

PTK 2.0 with DirectX support available

This topic is 4934 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear all, PTK, the 2D game engine used in more than 40 selling titles, has just been upgraded to version 2.0. New features include: - Rendering to DirectX, as well as preexisting OpenGL support. - Support for TrueType (ttf) fonts with the same easy to use API as bitmapped fonts. PTK uses your customer's 3D card's basic acceleration features to give your games free zooms, rotations and alpha blending as well as an FPS increase. It's not unusual for games ported to PTK to run at full framerate while they didn't before. I'm a convert myself, having switched from my own engine to PTK, and the time savings are amazing. You save time by using a well-tested engine that already supports a wide range of hardware, while the API is kept simple and low level. Your artists save time as well, as you're now able to directly plug the output of art packages into your game without creating color keys. A PTK license is royalty free, for an unlimited number of games. Evaluate for free: http://www.funpause.com/getptk.php Best regards, Emmanuel

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!