• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheQuixotiC

How can I get Mesh from animated skinned mesh?

This topic is 4880 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I load an .x file containing animation,I have only an animation controller and root frame.How can I get mesh from these parameters,or is there a better way to do that?

Advertisement
I think you need to provide more detail. What do you mean, get the mesh? Do you mean you want to access the mesh object and can't find it in the hierarchy?

I've never used the animation controller or D3DX skin loading functions, but I think you have to provide a callback type function/member function to handle every object. You should watch for the mesh in that. Every frame has a GUID template type paramater, and you can compare that type value with TID_D3DRMMesh. Forgive me if this doesn't apply to your situation. I'm half guessing.

Indeed,I want to use D3DXIntersect function for my skinned mesh,but I could not get the mesh (first parameter for the function).How can i get that parameter from skinned mesh?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!