Free Resource Thread (updated 5/27/06)

Started by
83 comments, last by Namethatnobodyelsetook 14 years, 5 months ago
Holy crap, this is like the Holy Grail of resource threads. Thanks a lot for that list.
Advertisement
You ams teh unlose!

<3
Nice list of links, pitty I can't rate you up any further.

I maintain a list of places you can get SFX (and some music, but not as much as of yet) here which includes a reasonable list of free SFX sources if anyone is after some. That reminds me... must update that list...

- Jason Astle-Adams

Ok, I've linked in DeleD and Kazgoroth's list. Still looking for more apps/utilities and artwork.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I plan on writing an updated version of hxRender in C++ instead of C. I will make this publicly available for anybody interested.

Oh, and get ready to be taken to school on this one. I need a good project to flex my muscle on.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Whaoh! Thanks a ton Promit!
http://www.findsounds.com is another decent one for finding sounds.
Now that we have a huge list of content, who is going to go through it and find the pirate, ninja, zombie, and robot models/sounds/textures/etc =-P
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Don't forget Polycount for free 3D models.
______________________________________________There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
These are "free" resources, ok, but are we allowed to use them ? I suppose we need to get the rights to use them, so we have to contact the authors in order to get a written authorization.. that's good for the theory, but will that rule be enforced by gamedev.net (ie. if you use some "free" resources without the explicit author agreeement, you will get disqualified?).

Y.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement