Sign in to follow this  
nekoflux

3d studio max export plugin development?

nekoflux    173
Hey all: If this is in the wrong forum group let me know. I'm trying to write a simple 3d studio max exporter plugin to take scene geometry and textures and export them to some format my engine can use. I have vs.NET, 3d studio max version 7, and the maxSDK. I think thats everything I need. I've downloaded free exporter which is supposedly a very simple example export plugin (http://freexporter.sourceforge.net/). It builds fine from vs.NET. I put it in the 3dstudiomax\stdplugins directory, it loads fine when I start 3d studio max, but I don't know how to invoke the plugin! does anyone know how to do this? I dont see any place to bring up the plugin, and the file export list contains no new extensions. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this kind of stuff before that I could bounce a few ideas off of. --Nekoflux

moeron    326
In the Max SDK they have samples for importing and exporting in the samples directory. That should have everything you need to get started. (if you want to develop your own)