Sign in to follow this  
Codemonger

Inversion Frequencies

Does anybody have any experience in writing code for BWT compression/transformation using Inversion Frequencies as a secondary stage ? If anybody has, I would be willing to pay for c++ code for IF stage ...

Anybody ?... I'm having a brain melt right now, and have seem to lost my focus on finishing the final stages of a lossless image compression format I've been working on.

Actually two formats, ones a streaming lossless image compression format that produces results similar to PNG (sometimes better, and less memory overhead) .. The other is a block sorting image compression that produces similar compression results that ERI does, but does much better with large photgraphic files over 3mb. Anyway I can achieve far better results if I could substitute the MFT stage with an IF stage or even a WFC. The problem I'm having is that I gotten to a point where I have aheadache now trying to program either of the two stages (IF,WFC), working alone I've lost my pzaz and I'm having a brain melt!

I plan to realease the compression formats free as soon as I can achieve the end result I want, which I know is obtainable because my current results are already amazing. If anybody can help with the IF stage it would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited by - Codemonger on June 9, 2005 11:54:53 AM]