• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Codemonger

Inversion Frequencies

This topic is 4932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody have any experience in writing code for BWT compression/transformation using Inversion Frequencies as a secondary stage ? If anybody has, I would be willing to pay for c++ code for IF stage ...

Advertisement
Anybody ?... I'm having a brain melt right now, and have seem to lost my focus on finishing the final stages of a lossless image compression format I've been working on.

Actually two formats, ones a streaming lossless image compression format that produces results similar to PNG (sometimes better, and less memory overhead) .. The other is a block sorting image compression that produces similar compression results that ERI does, but does much better with large photgraphic files over 3mb. Anyway I can achieve far better results if I could substitute the MFT stage with an IF stage or even a WFC. The problem I'm having is that I gotten to a point where I have aheadache now trying to program either of the two stages (IF,WFC), working alone I've lost my pzaz and I'm having a brain melt!

I plan to realease the compression formats free as soon as I can achieve the end result I want, which I know is obtainable because my current results are already amazing. If anybody can help with the IF stage it would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited by - Codemonger on June 9, 2005 11:54:53 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!