Sign in to follow this  
bdc256

SDL and Dev-Cpp

bdc256    154
I have been trying to compile some SDL apps with Dev-Cpp but, I keep getting errors. The Sources seem to compile fine. The Errors are all listed as linking errors can't find SDL_*_*. I added -lsdl to my compiler options and to the linker. I also always get multiple definitions of SDL_Main. I was trying to compile the latest version of some of the lgames just if you were wondering. If only My linux disc was not broke :(

bdc256    154
Yes. Do I need to add them to the linker to or just to the compiler.(I've tried it with both and each indivdualy, still nothing). I am Using Dev-Cpp 4.9.9.2 and the mingw version of sdl 1.2.8. Could the be the problem? I am new to Dev-Cpp.

Drew_Benton    1861
You should only need to add them to the linker box. For another reference on setting up SDL with Dev-Cpp, take a look at this. Make sure you have it in the order of: "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" and you should be good to go. If not post some errors so we can have a look [wink]

bdc256    154
It's Good now. I had them in the wrong order I also need to ad
<code>
#if defined(_WIN32) && defined(__MINGW32__) //hack
#define SDL_main WinMain
#endif
</code>
to get it to work.

bdc256    154
No I was wrong it is not working at least not the tutorial on that page. I am getting DirectX linking error???? (edit) At least I think it's directX DX5_* undifed errors where the star is a wildcard (edit)

Yamian    100
I did the tutorial on cone3d no problem. Just start over completely and do exactly what is on that tutorial =).

bdc256    154
I must be using the wrong libs. I tried it with the version proved by cone3D and the program compiled fine. Thanks for the help.