Sign in to follow this  
Kuladus

Prizes..

Kuladus    380
Quote:
Prizes will be announced in the coming weeks and are provided by the following contest sponsors: ... # Extremely-Sharp.com Swords & Knives # GameDev.net
Just some q's regarding the prizes... What are Extremely-Sharp offering? A nice long katana so we can sepuku ourselves??! Hopefully it'll be a voucher so I can get a crossbow... (assuming I win of course ;)) Also, what are GameDev.net looking to contribute in the way of prizes? A GDnet subscription? Thanks, Ben

Moe    1256
Either way it will be awsome. For me, its not even about the prizes as it is the competition. I loved razzing people about 4E3, especially when I figured I wasn't going to win.

Kuladus    380
Quote:
Original post by Moe
Either way it will be awsome. For me, its not even about the prizes as it is the competition. I loved razzing people about 4E3, especially when I figured I wasn't going to win.

True, I reckon this comp will be great. Can't wait to see all the entries..

Mushu    1396
Yeah, me too. Been chatting too much on #gamedev about design ideas, but I think there will be a lot of entries in the same genre region...

This is going to be interesting. Veeerryy interesting.

Mushu    1396
Quote:
Original post by d000hg
Which genre?

RTS for me. But I think this question deserves its own thread.

leiavoia    960
OK, i'm tired of waiting! It's Friday afternoon PST. When will prizes be announced? It's the one thing that will make or break my decision to enter.

*continues waiting anxiously*

Mushu    1396
Recently spoken on #gamedev:
Quote:
<Kevin> we're finalizing our sponsorship deals now, so we'll announce the prizes within a week or two

(for the uninformed, Kevin = Kevin Hawkins = Khawk) [wink]

Moe    1256
Speaking of razzing people, what all have you folks done so far?

Sadly enough I think I have cracked open the compiler once since this contest was announced. Midterms aren't fun.

gunning    749
Hi Moe. How was that spiritual journey of yours? I have not seen you in a couple of years on these forums.

I think these prizes will be huge. But like you, it is not really about the prizes for me. I need a reason to finish a game. You know what I mean?

Quote:

Got a blank window up and running. Horray.

ricekrispyw    388
Quote:
Original post by skittleo

That's more than I can show at the moment.

But then again, I'm working on some non-visual stuff right now.

Quote:
Original post by ricekrispyw
Quote:

That's more than I can show at the moment.

But then again, I'm working on some non-visual stuff right now.

A game without visual? That's really an interesting concept...

Moe    1256
Quote:
Hi Moe. How was that spiritual journey of yours? I have not seen you in a couple of years on these forums.

Really good! I definetly learned a lot about life.
Quote:

I think these prizes will be huge. But like you, it is not really about the prizes for me. I need a reason to finish a game. You know what I mean?

Quote:

Well, I guess I am not doing too badly then. I have a blank window with a blue screen in it, so take that![grin]

leiavoia    960
I've converted my 2D sidescroller codebase into something i can use for the contest. I changed the perspective and got basic player movement done. So far, i really haven't done too much with it. It's playable already, but i certainly wouldn't call it a game. I've mostly been thinking about how i want the game to play and i think i've got a fairly good idea now. I need to do a lot of animation artwork next.

I would be more motivated if i knew what the prizes were ;-)

Moe    1256
Uh oh, it looks like I might end up being schooled![grin] Multithreading, eh? That is something that I might have to learn sometime.

As for prizes, you might want to take a glance at this thread that I started...

Moe    1256
I guess I could say that mine supports 2, 4, and 6x multisampling. Too bad I'm not rendering anything yet![grin]

d000hg    1199
Technically I have a Heightmap engine, wrappers for D3D,DSound & DShow and a basic gamestate system with loading screens etc. I'm hoping to follow the route of adding a game to my engine rather than writing an engine for a game.

DakeDesu    100
Haven't done much other than spritework.

Well I've started my coding to make use of Clanlib, but I need to design how levels will work. The sound.. well I should check the resource thread for stock sounds and music. Control of characters has not been designed yet.

But more will appear later in my project thread, as a status update.

DakeDesu    100
Quote:
Yeah Kevin, rumors have been going around ~ trips to bermuda, new cars, dates - that kinda stuff. You better clear up these rumors.

None of those dates would happen to be with Shilbert?</obscure lounge reference>

SHilbert    652
Quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
Quote:
Yeah Kevin, rumors have been going around ~ trips to bermuda, new cars, dates - that kinda stuff. You better clear up these rumors.

None of those dates would happen to be with Shilbert?</obscure lounge reference>

Oh, so I'm obscure now? Is that it? How am I obscure, like Milli Vanilli? What's so obscure about me? What the heck is so obscure about me? Tell me. Tell me what's obscure.

Sign in to follow this