Prizes..

Started by
42 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by skittleo
Got a blank window up and running. Horray.

That's more than I can show at the moment.

But then again, I'm working on some non-visual stuff right now.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ricekrispyw

That's more than I can show at the moment.

But then again, I'm working on some non-visual stuff right now.

A game without visual? That's really an interesting concept...
Hi Moe. How was that spiritual journey of yours? I have not seen you in a couple of years on these forums.

Really good! I definetly learned a lot about life.
Quote:
I think these prizes will be huge. But like you, it is not really about the prizes for me. I need a reason to finish a game. You know what I mean?

Quote:Speaking of razzing people, what all have you folks done so far?

Well, I guess I am not doing too badly then. I have a blank window with a blue screen in it, so take that![grin]

I've converted my 2D sidescroller codebase into something i can use for the contest. I changed the perspective and got basic player movement done. So far, i really haven't done too much with it. It's playable already, but i certainly wouldn't call it a game. I've mostly been thinking about how i want the game to play and i think i've got a fairly good idea now. I need to do a lot of animation artwork next.

I would be more motivated if i knew what the prizes were ;-)
Oh, getting competitive now aye? Well I have a green window with spinning colourfull axes! (withmultithreading,optionloadingandsplitscreen)
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Uh oh, it looks like I might end up being schooled![grin] Multithreading, eh? That is something that I might have to learn sometime.

As for prizes, you might want to take a glance at this thread that I started...
For me, so far the title/logo animations. Started on the tile engine the other day, still don't have anything to show for it yet (I'm still recovering from final exams... which I did surprisingly well on...).
I guess I could say that mine supports 2, 4, and 6x multisampling. Too bad I'm not rendering anything yet![grin]
Technically I have a Heightmap engine, wrappers for D3D,DSound & DShow and a basic gamestate system with loading screens etc. I'm hoping to follow the route of adding a game to my engine rather than writing an engine for a game.
Run-time Surface Recoloring!!!11eleven

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement