Prizes..

Started by
42 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 9 months ago
I really, really hope ATI will be giving away their next gen card [grin]
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
Some more of the prizes have been listed. The list is subject to change, but enjoy! We'll be determining prize distribution shortly.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Awesome bundle there Kevin. Can you release some of the details about how the prizes will be split up? Will first place receive all of those, and second and third receive half?

Also, could GameDev.net put together pens, hats, posters, or other apparel. If you don't already have these items on hand, then let me know and I will you get some. I have experience from planning prom and organizing school fundraisers. We have ordered custom hats before, as well as shirts, wine glasses, etc. I also know of a poster company nearby that is reasonably priced. We could borrow some of the designs from boolean's poster contest. Again, let me know if you would consider this.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
OMG, it will be ATI's next gen, whether you guys admit it or not.

Now it's starting to feel like a competition. I'm getting stage fright [sad]
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by skittleo
Awesome bundle there Kevin. Can you release some of the details about how the prizes will be split up? Will first place receive all of those, and second and third receive half?

First place will not receive all of those. We haven't determined that, but I hope to come up with a fair distribution soon. I wanted to get the prizes listed so everyone knows what they are playing for. We have one more potentially large prize, but we're awaiting confirmation on that.

Quote:
Also, could GameDev.net put together pens, hats, posters, or other apparel. If you don't already have these items on hand, then let me know and I will you get some. I have experience from planning prom and organizing school fundraisers. We have ordered custom hats before, as well as shirts, wine glasses, etc. I also know of a poster company nearby that is reasonably priced. We could borrow some of the designs from boolean's poster contest. Again, let me know if you would consider this.

Actually, yes, we plan to send out some of our "gear". I haven't listed it because we haven't finalized the list, but I wanted to list the GDNet+ because that is a definite. We have our suppliers for this gear, but I appreciate the offer. If we end up needing some help I'll let you know. [smile]

Admin for GameDev.net.

Wow! Nice. Now if only I had more than a button.

Wait... if not enough people enter... oh my gosh, I could win with a "Hold the Button" game with all four elements!!!! :-P
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
O.M.G. Maybe I should start a project...'
Well done sponsors!
Quote:Original post by Khawk

First place will not receive all of those. We haven't determined that, but I hope to come up with a fair distribution soon. I wanted to get the prizes listed so everyone knows what they are playing for. We have one more potentially large prize, but we're awaiting confirmation on that.

Quote:

Actually, yes, we plan to send out some of our "gear". I haven't listed it because we haven't finalized the list, but I wanted to list the GDNet+ because that is a definite. We have our suppliers for this gear, but I appreciate the offer. If we end up needing some help I'll let you know. [smile]

Cool. :)

I hope the distribution will be somewhat up to the winners, i.e the first place entry will get to choose five prizes, the second and third choose three prizes each and the fourth and fifth get the rest, or something along those lines.

EDIT: Oh, and in combination with that, make sure that all the best prizes don't go to the first and second places (put a restriction on their choices).

But I guess you got all that figured out anyway. :)
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote:Original post by Srekel
Quote:Original post by Khawk

Quote:

Cool. :)

I hope the distribution will be somewhat up to the winners, i.e the first place entry will get to choose five prizes, the second and third choose three prizes each and the fourth and fifth get the rest, or something along those lines.

EDIT: Oh, and in combination with that, make sure that all the best prizes don't go to the first and second places (put a restriction on their choices).

But I guess you got all that figured out anyway. :)

"make sure that all the best prizes don't go to the first and second places" That is purely subjective. If the person is in 1st place, they've earned the right to choose their own prize without restrictions.

I hope they don't just have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes (unless I happen to be one of them. More for me, none for you )
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

"make sure that all the best prizes don't go to the first and second places" That is purely subjective. If the person is in 1st place, they've earned the right to choose their own prize without restrictions.

I hope they don't just have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes (unless I happen to be one of them. More for me, none for you )

Absolutely. What I meant was that a team of six people perhaps shouldn't get all of the most expensive/valuable stuff. But, as you say, they will definitely have earned it, so either way is fine. :)

/Srekel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement