GNU Triangulated Surface Library

Started by
2 comments, last by gauntalus 18 years, 10 months ago
For the past month or so I have been working on a research project for the Rad Lab at college. I've come near the end of the project where I need to be able to take the union of various solids that I have computed. I ran across the GNU Triangulated Surface Library (GTS: http://gts.sourceforge.net ) which seems like just the ticket, but I am having some issues getting things to work in Windows. On their sourceforge project page the library is listed as OS independent, and thus cross-platform. I am writing the program in Windows in Visual Studio .NET, and I successfully installed the library following the instructions in the documentation. Now that the library is installed I am trying to compile with it. In my main source file, I included gts.h, the flagship so to speak of the library, however, when I try to compile Visual Studio complains that it can't find glib.h. Inside of gts.h, there is a #include for glib.h, however, I ran a search for it on my windows partition (i dual boot gentoo) and found nothing. So I downloaded glib.h, added it its directory to the include path and compilied again. This time it complained that it couldn't find glibconfig.h. At this point I stopped, thinking that I was probably going against the grain by just downloading these files, figuring that something needed to be proporly installed. However, google'ing on "glib" and "glib for windows" hasn't been so fruitful. The info that I've found has just referred to its use in GTK, GDK, and Gnome, but nothing else that helps me to be any closer to getting this thing to compile in Visual Studio. So I am asking, does anyone have experience using the GTS library, or maybe Glib in Windows? Seems like it is Unix native, forgive my naivety, I'm still stretching my programming wings. help!
-------------------------Brutal Chess Check out our Development Blog and our Sourceforge project page.
Advertisement
GLib is part of GTK+ and GNOME. Early versions of GTK included it, now its a separate library. The apt-get name is "libglib-dev".

Download link and basic information at http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2004-December/msg00036.html
RIP GameDev.net: launched 2 unusably-broken forum engines in as many years, and now has ceased operating as a forum at all, happy to remain naught but an advertising platform with an attached social media presense, headed by a staff who by their own admission have no idea what their userbase wants or expects.Here's to the good times; shame they exist in the past.
From Gimp.Org you'll find win32 versions of the glib, gtk+ and stuff. You need at least development version of the glib as it says in the gst-sites installation instructions.
Ok I ended up getting a GTK+ development kit which seemed to contain everything I need. Thanks a bunch! Now if I can just figure out these gts class linker errors :-/
-------------------------Brutal Chess Check out our Development Blog and our Sourceforge project page.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement