Sign in to follow this  
hydroxy

Help using C APIs for IBM Content Manager

This is dealing w/ the C APIs for Content Manager Version 7. I've been stuck for 2 days, so thought someone here might be able to help. I'm need to create a program which accepts a list of users and then finds out all permissions they have. However, I'm having trouble getting this app off the ground. I'm using the function call: LibStartSession( pszLstMgrName, pszWorklist, pszPatron, pszPW, usLanguage, usOperations, ppSession, bReconnect) According to IBM Documentation: pszWorklist PSZ — input The name of a worklist within the cache for storing request blocks. Use a null-terminated string. If the worklist does not exist, the list manager creates it. FYI: (PSZ = Char*;) However no matter what I pass it, it always seems to try and flush the array and dies. From reading the description, I *should* be able to send it '\0' and it will create whatever it needs. I allocate enough space in the char array (needs 9 chars total) before I call the function. It happens in _sftbuf.c line 153. First-chance exception at 0x100055be in CMGroups.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. Unhandled exception at 0x100055be in CMGroups.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. Anyways, if you have any experience w/ this I would appreciate your help. Thanks.