Present your projects that uses AngelScript (2nd round)

Started by
19 comments, last by abrken 18 years, 8 months ago
Hello everybody, it's been a while since made this poll on the AngelScript community. I'm very curious about where my scripting library is being used, and I would also like to extend the users list on the AngelScript page. This is your chance to get some traffic to your project pages, and to show off what you're doing. Even if you are already on the users list, I would still like to hear from you again. Let's hear what you've got. Regards, Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I've got two projects using AngelScript at the moment.

One is the mud server I posted here earlier. I'm currently trying to automate the process of binding things to angelscript using preprocessor meta programming.

The other is a 2d game. I'm only using AS for macro-things in it, like cutscene-esque events and the tutorial levels. I'll probably use a script to define GUI creation too, instead of some sort of complicated datafile.
While terribly unfinished my current "in-development" project, 'CDogs RIP' uses AS for its entity event system and parts of the console. A little demo can be found: HERE. All the hard stuff is actually already done (initilisation, model/texture/sound loading, entity/particle systems) - all thats left is a level editor and a menu system plus lots of art and it should be good to go.

Once the game is done/mostly done I'm planning on writing a little tute on how to mod the scripting thats there to create new entities and weapons so users can make their own simple mods. Hopefully the way I've set it up should make it all pretty easy ... but as always I just need more time :P

And my first test of AS the 'Terrain Dropper' demo (found HERE) uses AS to control the drop point, speed and depth. Its pretty simple but it was great for learning how to integrate AS into my projects so it served its purpose well!
Deyja:

Your JMUD engine is already on the list, although unfortunately I haven't had the time to try it out yet. I hope you'll let me know when there is some actual game available for it as well :)

I'm also curious to see this 2D game of yours once you're ready to show it.

kaysik:

I downloaded the test demo for CDogs RIP, it looks like it could become an interesting little game. I look forward to seeing the progress on this project. I'll add this to the list of games in development.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Basically we're planning on using AngelScript in a online game (not massive, only 10-100 clients).

So far we've just used AS in small tests, as we haven't reached the maturity of the game engine to incorporate scripting in it yet.

The game is coded using ClanLib, a C++ Game SDK.

No point putting us up on the Users list yet, we'll let you know once we have something more concrete.
Hi!
I'm using it for the next version of my small online rpg, called Gekkeiju Online. It's used mostly for quest and npc scripting but also for some main elements like the battle-code.
The homepage can be found at: http://www.coolhouse.fi/gekkeiju

--
Lauri Aalto
sphair:

Sounds cool. Let me know as soon as you have something to show.

Lauri:

This game is looking as if it could become something really great once it is finished. I'll add your project to the users list this weekend.

You're right WL,

Lauri's game is looking really nice.

It looks like it has a lot of depth to it.

How many people do you have developing the game?
kaysik:
Cool! I loved C-Dogs (and Cyberdogs for that matter) from the day I saw it..

Anyway.. I'm making a small game at the moment, just because I'm bored (a c-dogs like game btw, lol), and I think I'll include some scripting in it.. AngelScript seems cool.. And well.. After that, I have some larger ideas (an RPG and an RTS), which will also require scripting.. But those are just in planning stage yet.. :p
Here is one:

http://fadeoutstudio.com/energetic/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement