Gamecube programming

Started by
10 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 9 months ago
I am sorry, I have been busy lately. I remember also I got e-mail from you, Anonymous Poster and I replyed. And I haven't heard anything back from you. But anyway...
I clearly understand that I have to pay for almost everything, but despite that I have manage to find 3D animator, awesome artist and programmer with 12 years of experience in C++ (commercial programming, not hobbyist). And nobody said - you know what, pay me upfront and I'll try to do some stuff for you. We all understand that the way from the bottom to the top is hard and sometimes you have to work for free in your spare time. We are working on PC game at this moment and if audience will like it we will port it (or somebody else will port it) to other platforms. I was looking for particular person who can do it when time is right.
Web: http://www.kot-in-action.com
IRC: irc.freenode.org #steelstorm
Advertisement
I'm more than happy to spend some time, when I have it, doing free hobby work on PC, because I know that the work can be distributed and will get around adn that everyone is taking the same chance on making money or is motivated by the desitre to see their work get out there.

The same cannot be said about the GC, there is a significant cost involved with producing work for the GC, dev kits are rather expensive and to distribute it does in fact require a significant investment. In other words the work cannot be distributed once done without money being put up.

So if you are, or have someone, willing to put up that investment its only fair they should also be willing to fund the development in some way...otherwise this is not hobby coding, its making use of people to make money and thats where I draw the line.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement