Sign in to follow this  
Access

[web] Simple Image problem

Okay, I have only one real question now-> My site is basically this: One background image that covers the screen. All the text is on this (bad i know). Thats it. For navigation, I have little icon images in the correct places on top of the background image. In my code its like this: ( a href="correct_page.html" ) ( img src="icon_image.png" ) ( /a) I use spacing ( a whole truckload of  's ) to get these icons in the correct place on top of the background image. I load up. I succeed. At least in fullscreen,... the icons stay in their correct positions on the image as ordered by my html. Any resize in the Internet Explorer window causes the icon foreground images to shift. How can i have them where I want and have them stay there regardless of the window size? Please help me for Pete's sake. //random off topic comment: Mr and Mrs Smith was awesome!!

Quote:
I use spacing ( a whole truckload of 's ) to get these icons in the correct place on top of the background image.
Which will break on different operating systems, browsers, systems with different DPI settings, different default font sizes, etc.

Quote:
How can i have them where I want and have them stay there regardless of the window size?

Use CSS absolute positioning.