Sign in to follow this  
blueshogun96

where can I find Direct3D7 tutorials?

Waxy    122
When i started tinkering with D3d7 a few months ago i was doing it because i wanted it compatable with older vidio cards. Maybe that's his reason at this time.

Shogun - What basics do you know and what are you trying to accomplish?

blueshogun96    2265
OK everybody, sorry to resurrect an old thread here, I just have very little to no online time at all.

1. I tried google (many times) and didn't find what I was looking for.
2. I HATE DX9!!!!!!!!!! Dx9 is the worst version of DirectX ever imo.
3. I want some compatability with older cards too. The basics I know are how to set up DirectDraw, Direct3D, and render a non-textured polygon.

Muhammad Haggag    1358
Quote:
Original post by blueshogun96
OK everybody, sorry to resurrect an old thread here, I just have very little to no online time at all.

1. I tried google (many times) and didn't find what I was looking for.
2. I HATE DX9!!!!!!!!!! Dx9 is the worst version of DirectX ever imo.
3. I want some compatability with older cards too. The basics I know are how to set up DirectDraw, Direct3D, and render a non-textured polygon.

1. That means there probably are no Direct3D 7 tutorials out there.
2. Why? It's far superior, IMO.
3. For backwards compatibility, I'd settle down with DirectX 8.1

blueshogun96    2265
I hate DX9 because of the way MS designed it. I personally think it sucks. Sure it has more power than Dx9. Anyway, Dx8.1 is not going to cut it. I still want RGB and Ramp emulation available when it is needed. There are many older cards that only go up to Dx7. You can't assume that everyone has a Dx9 compatible card out there. Think of the poorer countries...

Muhammad Haggag    1358
Quote:
Original post by blueshogun96
I hate DX9 because of the way MS designed it. I personally think it sucks. Sure it has more power than Dx9. Anyway, Dx8.1 is not going to cut it. I still want RGB and Ramp emulation available when it is needed. There are many older cards that only go up to Dx7. You can't assume that everyone has a Dx9 compatible card out there. Think of the poorer countries...

Well, I live in a poor, 3rd world country. Among gamers, the minimum here is a Radeon or Geforce class card (often DX8.1 pieces). If you're making a shooter or strategy game, then I don't believe backwards compatibility is an issue. If you're targetting 'casual' gamers, that's another story.