where can I find Direct3D7 tutorials?

Started by
6 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 18 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I know that Direct3D7 is out dated in all, but I was still wondering if I can still find tutorials on it. I know some of the basics, but I would also like to get detailed too. Thanks.
Advertisement
google "DirectX 7 tutorials"
Why would you want Direct3D 7 tutorials? Someone has told you we're on D3D 9, right? =)
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
When i started tinkering with D3d7 a few months ago i was doing it because i wanted it compatable with older vidio cards. Maybe that's his reason at this time.

Shogun - What basics do you know and what are you trying to accomplish?
OK everybody, sorry to resurrect an old thread here, I just have very little to no online time at all.

1. I tried google (many times) and didn't find what I was looking for.
2. I HATE DX9!!!!!!!!!! Dx9 is the worst version of DirectX ever imo.
3. I want some compatability with older cards too. The basics I know are how to set up DirectDraw, Direct3D, and render a non-textured polygon.
Quote:Original post by blueshogun96
OK everybody, sorry to resurrect an old thread here, I just have very little to no online time at all.

1. I tried google (many times) and didn't find what I was looking for.
2. I HATE DX9!!!!!!!!!! Dx9 is the worst version of DirectX ever imo.
3. I want some compatability with older cards too. The basics I know are how to set up DirectDraw, Direct3D, and render a non-textured polygon.

1. That means there probably are no Direct3D 7 tutorials out there.
2. Why? It's far superior, IMO.
3. For backwards compatibility, I'd settle down with DirectX 8.1

I hate DX9 because of the way MS designed it. I personally think it sucks. Sure it has more power than Dx9. Anyway, Dx8.1 is not going to cut it. I still want RGB and Ramp emulation available when it is needed. There are many older cards that only go up to Dx7. You can't assume that everyone has a Dx9 compatible card out there. Think of the poorer countries...
Quote:Original post by blueshogun96
I hate DX9 because of the way MS designed it. I personally think it sucks. Sure it has more power than Dx9. Anyway, Dx8.1 is not going to cut it. I still want RGB and Ramp emulation available when it is needed. There are many older cards that only go up to Dx7. You can't assume that everyone has a Dx9 compatible card out there. Think of the poorer countries...

Well, I live in a poor, 3rd world country. Among gamers, the minimum here is a Radeon or Geforce class card (often DX8.1 pieces). If you're making a shooter or strategy game, then I don't believe backwards compatibility is an issue. If you're targetting 'casual' gamers, that's another story.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement