iPod games...are they makeable?

Started by
2 comments, last by nprz 18 years, 10 months ago
I just got an iPod and I, before ataching it to my computer, decided that I would browse around a little bit. The first thing I noticed was all that I had was 4 really, really terrible games (4 give or take). Is it possible to get more games for free and, more importantly, is it possible to make one's own game or is it really complicated? Thanks! -Ajain
...though i do not believe in what you are saying, I will defend your right to say it to my death!(no source sited)
Advertisement
my guess would be that the games would have to be made off of the Ipods processor language (assembly). write the code on computer and then transfer to your ipod.
Umm... Aren't there games already on your iPod. I have an iPod mini, so does my mother, and my father has a first-generation iPod 20gb and they all have games on them. Go to the Extras part of the menu, and you should see games. It comes with solitare, breakout, this weird parachute game, and a music quiz. Seeing as how there are already iPod games existing, I would have to say yes they are possible. Its just a matter of if it's worth the trouble of finding out how to program them, and just how to get them on there.
"All I want to know is who the man is that looked at a cow and said "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them."Calvin and Hobbes
Quote:Original post by Mavrick71
Umm... Aren't there games already on your iPod. I have an iPod mini, so does my mother, and my father has a first-generation iPod 20gb and they all have games on them. Go to the Extras part of the menu, and you should see games. It comes with solitare, breakout, this weird parachute game, and a music quiz. Seeing as how there are already iPod games existing, I would have to say yes they are possible. Its just a matter of if it's worth the trouble of finding out how to program them, and just how to get them on there.

Quote:
The first thing I noticed was all that I had was 4 really, really terrible games (4 give or take).

I don't have an answer, but saying that linux can be installed on the iPod (w/ games), it should be possible in one way or another.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement