.NET 2.0

Started by
5 comments, last by DrGUI 18 years, 10 months ago
it said "minimum" system requirements on the contests page, one of which was .net 1.1 .net 1.1 has absolutly horible data stuctures, is thier any posible way we can get that uped to 2.0? if we include a redistributable?
| Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
Advertisement
You can use .NET 2.0 if and only if it's no longer beta by the time we judge it. We won't install the beta framework on our machines.

So, if you want to gamble on the release date, you can. Just expect to be disqualified if you lose your bet.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Er... Eh?! .NET 1.1 data structures hori..what?! .NET 2.what?!

Not that I'm not aware of .NET 2.0, but how come .NET 1.1 data structures are horrible? Which ones are horrible and what makes them horrible? I've been making use of .NET 1.1 in some of my programs, and it works just fine.

What new improvements/features are there in .NET 2.0?
having to box, then unbox things from the list.
Quote:Original post by Cibressus

This problem is c++ specific. Other Managed languages handle the value type aggregation automatically, so manual boxing/unboxing is not needed.

Niko Suni

no, it's c# to.
Quote:Original post by Nik02
Quote:Original post by Cibressus

This problem is c++ specific. Other Managed languages handle the value type aggregation automatically, so manual boxing/unboxing is not needed.

Automatic, yes but I believe that without generics it's still type-unsafe which is probably what he means. Or perhaps he means the speed hit?

Andrew <--- who's probably wrong...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement