Sign in to follow this  
BaSSraf

Viewport redraw problems with popup menus etc

BaSSraf    109
Hey guys, I have this GUI with 2 viewports where each viewport is simply a child window parented to well.. a parent, so it keeps centered inside its parent window etc.. The problem is whenever I use a popup throughout the application which has an (xp style) shadow under it, it grabs the application as background and paints the shadow for the popup, so far no problem.. But when I now move to the viewport and use a popup on the viewport, the redrawing of the viewport stops underneath the popup and shows the image "taken" when the first popup was shown.. Any ideas how to make such a viewport totally unaware of any GDI drawing going on and have it always draw to the viewport rect whatever weird lock GDI may have on it? Ehm.. any ideas?

jollyjeffers    1570
Are you sure your application is still ticking over when the dialog is shown? I've made the mistake of using modal dialogs that effectively froze my message pump, consequently no draw calls were despatched and it looked like it had stopped [smile]

hth
Jack

BaSSraf    109
Hey jolly, yes, its still ticking :)
Its rendering from within a thread, I just found out the same problem occurs when I move two windows over each other, the lower window stops repainting from the upper window's bottom downwards..

|---|
| 1 |---|
|---| 2 | --- when overlapped stops redrawing downwards
|---|