DirectInput error

Started by
4 comments, last by Twon 18 years, 10 months ago
I'm trying to make a small program with DirectX. It compiles cleanly, but when I try to run it, I get an error saying: The procedure entry point c_dfDIJoystick could not be located in the dynamic link library dinput.dll. I'm using Dev-Cpp, which I have attempted to set up for DirectX 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Harryu
The procedure entry point c_dfDIJoystick could not be located in the dynamic link library dinput.dll.

Presumably c_dfDIJoystick is NOT part of your code? is it even called by yours?

Quote:Original post by Harryu
I'm using Dev-Cpp, which I have attempted to set up for DirectX 9.

I don't have the readme to hand, but I'm not sure if Dev-Cpp is officially supported by the SDK. I suppose it is possible you're snagging on that?

Can you compile any/all of the DirectX sample code?

DirectX Development Using DevCpp might be of interest to you?

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I do use the code when setting the data format for the input device

DataFormat = (DIDATAFORMAT*)&c_dfDIJoystick;

and then soon afterwards

if(FAILED(m_pDIDevice->SetDataFormat(DataFormat)))
return FALSE;
Are you linking with "dxguid.lib"? You should do this when using DirectInput but it doesn't really say so in the doc's, as I recall...
Im already linking that.

I have tried reinstalling the DX9 SDK, but that doesn't help.

I found that even if I remove the c_dfDIJoystick code, I still get the error.
Hi, I think that you will find that c_dfDIJoystick is a global variable declare internally to Direct Input and made global through an "exter" command. By the sound of your error message
Quote:The procedure entry point c_dfDIJoystick could not be located in the dynamic link library dinput.dll.
Dev-Cpp seems to be miss interpreting c_dfDIJoystick as a procedure and not a variable. Have you converted the libraries to the ".a" format required by Dev-Cpp as suggested in the article highlighted by jollyjeffers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement